There are few things in the beauty world I love more than a light spring look with a pop of color, so when Too Faced released their spring 2015 lineup, I had to get my hands on the new Sugar Pop palette. It retails for $36, but I picked it up during the Ulta Platinum sale for 20% off. Those sales always get me, but it worked out – I was able to scoop up the new palette and a two pack of the RealTechniques Miracle Complexion Sponge for just $37.
View this post on Instagram
Stunning new shades from the Too Faced Sugar Pop palette. 😍 Packaging, palette, and shadows. 🎁 I'll make sure to do a nice set of swatches and a look with these tomorrow morning. 👓 #makeupnerdery #bespectacledbeauty #makeup #makeuplover #makeupaddict #makeupgeek #makeupjunkie #makeupnerd #makeupnerdpdx #makeupaddiction #rmua #redditmua #MOTD #FOTD #EOTD #paintyourface #wordpress #beautyblogger 💋 for more makeup nerdery head to the blog at MAKEUPNERDERY.WORDPRESS.COM 😘
The new Sugar Pop palette comes in the standard super cute Too Faced packaging – a metal tin featuring nine shades for three distinct looks or your own free-for-all. It also comes with the little fold-away look book which I love – these helped me so much when I was first getting into makeup and I keep them all (this is now my fourth Too Faced palette).
The nine shades are as follows, split up into their “looks” from left to right:
Swatches were photographed indoors with natural light over Urban Decay Primer Potion (top) and NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk (bottom).
I have to say, I’m pretty impressed – there are no obvious duds in this palette and it’s a great mix of shimmers, glitters, and matte. Malted Milk Ball is not as pigmented as I had hoped, but that is pretty much my only complaint. The standout shades are clearly Macaron, Bubblegum, and Blue Raspberry, but they are all gorgeous.
Here’s my first look with this palette with a full tutorial for my face of the day:
- Eye Primer: MAC Pro Longwear paint pot in Painterly / RealTechniques Pointed Foundation Brush
- Peach Fuzz all over lid up to brow / RealTechniques Deluxe Crease Brush
- Macaron all over crease and lid / MAC 217 + Bdellium 777
- Malted Milk Ball + Blackberry in outer v and crease / Crown crease brush
- Blend out harsh lines with Bdellium 776
- Rock Candy for brow highlight / Too Faced lid/smoker brush
- Face Primer: Too Faced Hangover RX primer / RealTechniques stippling brush
- Under-eye/Blemishes: MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW15 / RealTechniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (flat edge)
- Set concealer: Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder / RealTechniques Setting Brush
- Blush: ColourPop Super Shock Cheek in Trickery / elf small stipple brush
- Highlight: NYX Born to Glow liquid illuminator in Sunbeam / RealTechniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (tip)
- Foundation: MAC Studio Fix powder foundation in NW20 / RealTechniques buffing brush
- Waterline: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Bronze
- Lower Lashline: Blackberry and Bubblegum / RealTechniques accent brush
- Mascara: Tarte Lights Camera Lashes / Too Faced Lashgasm
- Lips: NARS Orgasm lip gloss
- Brows: Makeup Geek Barcelona Beach / Sonia Kashuk Angled Brush
- Benefit Gimme Brow in Medium / Deep